CAST Test - Construction and Skilled Trades
The CAST test is a battery of aptitude tests (paper-and-pencil) designed for the selection process among applicants across several construction and skilled trade occupations. TestPrep-Online currently offers mechanical aptitude practice tests, which cover some of the most crucial elements of the CAST test. Those looking for employment in the construction and skilled trades fields will find these practice tests helpful. Learn more about the CAST test and begin preparing with TestPrep-Online's mechanical aptitude practice tests today! TestPrep-Online's practice CAST test is coming soon!
|Practice for the CAST Test |
Coming soon to TestPrep-Online
Research & Development:The CAST test is the resulting product of a large-scale project sponsored by EEI and executed by HR Strategies. The project was conducted in order to develop an employment selection test in construction and skilled trades fields. 34 investor-owned electric utility companies contributed to this project, providing research information and analysis performed by thousands of employees and supervisors. The CAST test can predict the probability of success of a candidate in the following categories related to construction and skilled trade jobs:
- Transmission and Distribution
- Facilities and Repair
- Other Facilities (e.g., Carpenter)
- Electrical Repair
- Machining and Vehicle Repair
- Meter Service and Repair
CAST Test Battery:The CAST test battery is administered over approximately two hours.
Two different forms of the CAST test battery are available.
The CAST test battery consists of four tests (or sections):
- Graphic Arithmetic (16 questions/30 minutes)This test assesses one's ability to solve arithmetic problems via use of information from prints or drawings. The test taker is presented with a drawing and several follow-up questions. The test includes a total of two drawings and 16 questions, to be completed within 30 minutes.
- Mechanical Concepts (44 questions/20 minutes)This test assesses one's ability to understand mechanical principles. There are 44 multiple-choice questions, each relating to an illustration of a mechanical situation designated to the question. The test is to be completed within 20 minutes.
- Reading for Comprehension (32 questions/30 minutes)This test assesses one's ability to read and comprehend written materials. The test taker is presented with four passages and several follow-up, multiple-choice questions. The test includes 32 questions and is to be completed within 20 minutes.
- Mathematical Usage (18 questions/7 minutes)This test assesses one's ability to work out basic mathematical problems with the information provided at the beginning of the test. The test includes 18 multiple-choice questions and is to be completed within seven minutes.
CAST Scoring:The CAST test can be scored both by machine and by hand. The four CAST aptitude test scores are combined into a single index score, ranging from 1 - 10 (10 being the highest). A candidate's index score reflects the expected probability of successful job performance.
Prepare Online:Preparing for the CAST test is essential for achieving high scores and TestPrep-Online offers the perfect practice materials necessary for success. Start practicing today with TestPrep-Online's success-proven materials to ensure you land your desired job!
COMING SOON: TestPrep-Online's EEI test series will includes practice CAST tests, including in-depth explanations necessary for success.
To return to the main EEI page, click here.
Or to go to any of the other EEI test pages, click on the test abbreviation:
CAST Test Sample Questions
EEI and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with TestPrep-Online or this website.