|MASS Bundle Practice pack|
|Get EVERYTHING for a reduced price and save $!|
|POSS MASS Bundle Practice|
|Get EVERYTHING for a reduced price, save $!|
|MASS Mechanical Practice|
|3 full-length tests + explanations|
|MASS Math. Usage Practice|
|3 Full-length tests + explanations|
|MASS Reading Comprehension Practice|
|2 full-length tests + answers|
|MASS Assembly Practice|
|2 full-length tests + explanations|
All About the MASS Test
The MASS test was developed to serve as an employment selection test in the plant maintenance field. More than 40 electric utility companies took part in a four-year study, directed by Personnel Decisions Research Institute of Minneapolis, Minnesota, beginning in 1981. Job and cost/savings analyses and performance ratings were included in this research. Based on this research, the MASS test can estimate the probability of success of a candidate in the following categories related to the following categories of plant maintenance jobs:
- Mechanic, machinist, electrician, welder, pipefitter, steel worker, rigger
- Instrument and control repairer
- Helper, painter, insulation worker
The MASS test is similar in design, scope and administration to the POSS test (Plant Operator Selection System) and may also be used when selecting candidates for power plant maintenance positions in fossil, nuclear, and hydro plants.
MASS Test BatteryThe MASS test battery is administered over approximately two hours. It consists of four tests (or sections):
- Mechanical Concepts (44 questions/20 minutes)This test assesses one's ability to understand mechanical principles. It consists of 44 multiple-choice questions, each one containing an illustration of a mechanical situation. This test is allotted 20 minutes.
- Spatial Ability/Assembly (20 questions/10 minutes)This test assesses one's ability to visualize the properly assembled form of an object. A diagram of parts of an object is presented, each part labeled with a letter. Here, candidates are required to assemble the parts so that ones with corresponding letters are put together. The test consists of 20 multiple-choice questions with a 10-minute time limit.
- Mathematical Usage (18 questions/7 minutes)This test assesses one's ability to work out basic mathematical problems with the information provided at the beginning of the test. The test includes 18 multiple-choice questions and is to be completed within seven minutes.
- Reading Comprehension (36 questions/30 minutes)This test assesses one's ability to read and comprehend written materials generally found in power plant training manuals. The test taker is presented with five passages and several follow-up, multiple-choice questions. The test includes 36 questions and is to be completed within 30 minutes.
The four MASS aptitude test scores are combined into a Cognitive Index Score. This score allows for potential employers to predict probability of successful job performance.
TestPrep-Online's preparation tests will help improve your candidacy by eliminating stress and providing top-off-the-line mechanical aptitude practice tests. Even small improvements in your score can determine whether or not your potential employer will be impressed. Learn more about TestPrep-Online's state of the art practice tests and success-proven materials. Start practicing today to ensure you land your desired job.
TestPrep-Online's MASS practice pack comprises full MASS tests, with in-depth explanations necessary for success, which also act as an adequate MASS study guide.
To return to the main EEI page, click here.
Or to go to any of the other EEI test pages, click on the test abbreviation:
MASS Test Sample Questions
EEI, their tests (POSS, MASS, CAST, TECH, SOPD, SASS), and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with TestPrep-Online or this website.