TECH Test - Technician Occupations
The TECH test is a battery of aptitude tests (paper-and-pencil) developed to assist in identifying candidates suitable for technical occupations in the electric utility industry. Currently, TestPrep-Onlie offers a professional guidance and practice resources, such as mechanical aptitude practice tests, in order to learn about the content of the TECH test and to begin preparing for the actual test. TECH test study guide and practice tests coming soon!
|Practice for the TECH Test |
Practice now for the TECH Mechanical Concepts test
Research & Development:The TECH test was developed to serve as an employment selection test among candidates for technical occupations in the electric utility industry. HR Strategies conducted a large-scale study including the participation of 23 investor-owned electric utility companies of various sizes from all over the U.S. The study was designed to guarantee results applicable to a broad range of companies and technician positions. In order to determine the key activities and skill requirements of technician positions, detailed job analysis was performed. This determined effective selection procedures that would accurately measure skills and abilities essential to succeed in technician positions. Such positions usually require an associates degree. Examples of technician positions are as follows:
- Chemistry/Laboratory/Environmental Technician
- Communication/Telecommunication Technician
- Design/Engineering Technician
- Distribution/Planning Technician/Estimator
- Health Physics/Radiation Control Technician
- Quality Assurance Technician
- Testing/Relay Technician
TECH Test Battery:This test battery is administered over approximately two hours.
Two different forms of the TECH test batteries are available.
The TECH test battery consists of four tests (or sections):
- Graphic Problem Solving (16 questions/15 minutes)This test assesses one’s ability to utilize numerical information. The test taker is presented with illustrations, each containing numerical information, and is required to find the solution to practical arithmetic problems. The test taker is presented with 16 multiple-choice questions and is allotted 15 minutes to complete the test.
- Interpreting Diagrams (16 questions/15 minutes)This test assesses one’s ability to utilize symbols and codes in order to find objects on a map or diagram, as well as to determine the object's status. The test taker is presented with two diagrams, each followed by eight multiple-choice questions (16 total) and is allotted 15 minutes to complete the test.
- Mechanical Concepts (44 questions/20 minutes)This test assesses one’s ability to comprehend mechanical principles. Test takers are presented with 44 multiple-choice questions, each one relating to an included illustration of a mechanical situation. This test is to be completed within 20 minutes.
- Reasoning from Rules (15 questions/15 minutes)This test assesses one’s ability to read and apply rules, troubleshoot a logic network, as well as one’s decision making skills. The test taker is presented with 15 multiple-choice questions and is allotted 15 minutes to complete the test.
TECH Scoring: The TECH test can be scored both by machine and by hand. The overall score is obtained by combining the scores of each test. A candidate's overall score reflects the expected probability of successful job performance.
Online Preparation:TestPrep-Online currently offers mechanical aptitude practice tests in place of TECH practice tests. Practicing with TestPrep-Online will ensure you achieve high scores and impress potential employers. Start practicing today with TestPrep-Online's success-proven materials to ensure you land your desired job!
COMING SOON: TestPrep-Online's EEI test series will include the TECH practice test, including in-depth explanations necessary for success, and a TECH study guide.
To return to the main EEI page, click here.
Or to go to any of the other EEI test pages, click on the test abbreviation:
TECH Test Sample Questions
EEI, their tests (POSS, MASS, CAST, TECH, SOPD, SASS), and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with TestPrep-Online or this website.
Free Mechanical Aptitude
"Like" us and receive a 10% discount!