Wonderlic assessments are groups of aptitude tests designed to assess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and personality of prospective employees and students. Below, learn how TestPrep-Online can help you improve your Wonderlic scores.
Wonderlic Tests are split into four fields: cognitive ability, skills, behavioral reliability and personality. Each test type varies in length and time allotment and each industry has its own test score standards. Tests may be taken online or on paper depending on the test type.
|Practice Figural Reasoning Tests|
Inductive, abstract, non verbal and logical Q&A bank
Wonderlic Test Types:
- Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) - The Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) is the academic version of the Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test and assesses one’s general mental ability.
- Cognitive Ability - Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Tests assess the applicant's ability to learn, adapt, solve problems and understand instructions.
- Behavioral - Wonderlic Behavioral Tests measure a person’s potential in engaging in unethical or counterproductive behavior.
- Personality - Wonderlic Personality Tests measure the applicant's personal characteristics to predict job performance to place employees in compatible positions.
- Skills - Wonderlic Skills Tests measure the applicant's proficiency in language, math, and office software.
Types of Questions on the Wonderlic Assessment:
- Sentence parallelism
- Word comparisons - two words will be presented and the test-taker is to determine if the words are synonyms, antonyms, or have no relation; another type of word comparison question is finding exact duplicates among pairs
- Disarranged sentences - a series of misordered sentences is provided and the test-taker is required to re-order the sentences correctly
- Following directions - a task (or a series of tasks) are provided, and the test-taker must follow the directions given in order to reach the correct answer
- Number comparisons - a series of numeric terms will be listed, and the test-taker will be required to determine which term possesses a particular characteristic (i.e., lowest amount, highest amount, etc.)
- Number series - numeric terms will be listed in the form of a series, and the test taker will be required to determine which number is next in the series
- Analysis of geometric figures - a series of geometric figures will be provided, and the and the test taker will be required to determine which figure does not fit in the series
- Word problems:
- Mathematical - a math problem in word form is provided, and the test-taker is to resolve the problem with the information given
- Logical - logic questions generally provide two separate sentences of information; based on the information given, the test-taker must answer in the following way: true, false, or uncertain
HistoryThe Wonderlic Test was initially designed to aid employers in personnel recruitment and selection. In the 1930s, Eldon Wonderlic created a short test that was made to provide employers with general knowledge of potential applicants’ intelligence levels. The test quickly became popular and within a decade many industries were using the Wonderlic Test for personnel selection. The test became known as the Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT) and is still in use today under the name of Wonderlic Classic Cognitive Ability Test. Today, Wonderlic tests are used for a variety of purposes, each designed for a specific field. Wonderlic currently offers 30 different tests, which are used by nearly 2.5 million job applicants each year. Wonderlic tests are commonly used in sports (most notably by the National Football League (NFL) since the 1970s to assess the intelligence and skills of players).
Come PreparedIt is important to score as high as possible rather than just passing, as passing scores are determined by the each employer and may vary by industry. Check out TestPrep-Online's wide range of preparation tests for Wonderlic Tests, including cognitive ability, skills, and personality tests. Even minor improvements in your score can determine whether you or someone else will get the job. Our online practice tests provide several questions and problems to solve and give in-depth explanations to each question. These Wonderlic practice tests are also timed in the same way a real Wonderlic test is to prepare you for test day. Find your test now and start practicing with TestPrep-Online.
TestPrep-Online Wonderlic Topics
Wonderlic and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with TestPrep-Online or this website.
Critical Reasoning TestData Sufficiency TestReading Comp. TestFree MCAT TestFree LSAT Test
Free MCAT Test