Practice and Pass the ATI TEAS Science Test
Learn about the ATI TEAS Science section and prepare for its three topics with the TEAS V Science Pack. Practice with test questions similar to those on the ATI TEAS Science test, use the detailed answer explanations to improve your understanding, and check your progress with score reports.
The ATI TEAS Science section is one of the most difficult sections for many test takers. As one of the largest topic areas, with a lot of material to cover, mastering the Science section requires patience and perseverance. With the correct preparation, you can not only pass the ATI TEAS Science section, you can ace it, with TestPrep-Online’s TEAS V Science Pack.
|Start Practicing for the TEAS Science Section|
- Two full-length TEAS V Science tests
- Answers and explanations
- Score reports
TestPrep-Online is a leader in e-learning services, helping thousands of people pass education tests every year. We are currently developing brand new learning and testing packages for the ATI TEAS 6th edition. If you are preparing for an upcoming test, you can use our TEAS V Science Pack to help you prepare. The TEAS V Science Pack covers material that is very similar to the material on the ATI TEAS exam. Whilst the Earth Science questions have been removed, most questions have remained the same. Thus, you can use our tests to gauge your understanding and improve your score.
Back to top
The TEAS V Science Pack Includes:
- Over 150 total questions, comprised of:
- Two full-length TEAS V Science practice tests (108 Q&A)
- 50 additional Reading practice questions
- Question types similar to ATI TEAS questions
- Detailed answer explanations and score reports
What Is the ATI TEAS Science Test?The ATI TEAS Science test is a section within the exam focused on three science topics. Of all the sections on the ATI TEAS exam, Science is one of the largest, worth 31%. The section is comprised of 53 questions to be answered in just over an hour (63 minutes). Many nursing programs state certain science subjects as pre-requisites to their program. Double check your program admission requirements. Sometimes, such programs can assist with your studies for the TEAS exam by providing a foundation of knowledge for the topics covered on the ATI TEAS Science section.
TEAS Science ReviewBelow, you will find an overview of the subject matter covered on the ATI TEAS Science section. You can use this information to begin your science review of the three science topics on the TEAS exam. The information should be treated as a starting framework for your studies. You should work to gain a comprehensive understanding of all subject areas within the topics, as well as test your knowledge throughout the process with both timed and un-timed practice tests.
You will have 63 minutes to answer the 53 questions on the Science section. There are three topics covered on the ATI TEAS Science section:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (approximately 35 questions, 68% of the Science section)
- Life & Physical Sciences (approximately 9 questions, 16% of the Science section)
- Scientific Reasoning (approximately 9 questions, 16% of the Science section)
Back to top
How to Prepare for TEAS Human Anatomy and Physiology Questions
- Most of the questions on the Science section are focused on this topic. Thus, this topic is one you should know thoroughly. When presented with complex terminology and questions, you should be able to confidently know the answer, or at least be able to eliminate the obvious wrong ones and make a reasonable guess at the answer.
- Key areas that you must focus on are:
- Cardiovascular Systems
- Endocrine System
- Gastrointestinal or Digestive System
- Immune System
- Integumentary System
- Muscular System
- Nervous System
- Organ Systems
- Reproductive System
- Respiratory Systems
- Skeletal System
- Urinary System
- It is advised that you understand each of these different elements of the human body and how they operate, both independently and collectively. To learn and remember all the information, use diagrams, rhymes, flashcards, lists, and word association methods to build up your memory banks on the different subjects.
How to Prepare for TEAS Life and Physical Sciences Questions
- This topic makes up only a small number of questions on the Science section. Key concepts to study are heredity, basic atomic structure, changes in states of matter, properties of substances, and chemical reactions.
- Heredity is the transfer of genetics from generation to generation. You must be familiar with the concept of heredity generally, as well as how some traits can be excluded from being transferred on and thus cause evolution of a species. Mendel’s Laws of Heredity, derived from the work of Johann Gregor Mendel (1822–1884), laid down the cornerstone of inheritance laws. There are three laws. Be clear on what they are.
- Learn the four chemicals that deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) consists of and how DNA essentially works, including the role of the nucleus, chromosomes, and how DNA self-replicates. Understanding the relationship between DNA, chromosomes, and genes, as well as being able to accurately explain that relationship, will help solidify your knowledge. You should be clear as to the difference and relationship between dominant and recessive genes and know about incomplete dominance and codominant genes.
- You may also be asked questions on macromolecules that are most commonly identified as proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, and nucleic acids. Understand how they function and their role and purpose in human life.
- Know the basic structure of an atom, including the role and the charge of the protons, electrons, and neutrons. Which particles orbit which? Where do they all sit in relation to each other? Find visual representations of different elements and learn to recognize their atomic structures.
- Know the different states that a substance can exist as—solid, gas, or a liquid. Learn the effects of freezing, melting, boiling, and condensing points (temperatures), as well as why this change of state occurs.
- You must be able to describe the different properties of substances, including the characteristics of pure compounds and pure elements.
- You must be able to describe chemical reactions, including what they are, how they come about, and which factors affect the speed or outcome of a reaction. Think about catalysts, the effect of temperature, concentration of one substance compared to another, and the effect of pressure.
Back to top
How to Prepare for TEAS Scientific Reasoning Questions
- Questions on scientific reasoning are fewer compared to the human anatomy topic. These questions require you to use logic to process the information provided and reason to make your way to the correct answer.
- You should familiarize yourself with the six steps of the Scientific Method:
- Identification of a problem
- Proposition of a question
- Development of hypothesis
- Collection of data
- Analysis of data
- You should be able to scientifically critique all six of the steps, including the overall approach to data collection, data investigation, and experiment choice.
- You should be able to assess whether data collected is appropriate to use in answering the question proposed in the second step. Furthermore, you should be aware of coincidental correlations that may have no cause and effect relationship. Believing that such results answer the question shows ungrounded assumptions are being made, specifically those which lack critical analysis.
- You should be able to identify the measurements and tools that are currently in practice for recording data in labs.
TEAS Science Test PracticeStruggling with the Science section? Use TestPrep-Online’s TEAS V Science Pack to improve your test performance. The new ATI TEAS features fewer questions on Earth Science, so we are working to remove this topic from our practice tests for increased test similarity. When using our products to test your Science section knowledge, you may choose to omit the results of these questions from your practice tests to get a more accurate understanding of your test performance.
Want to get an idea of what the whole test will be like? You can use TestPrep-Online’s TEAS V Premium Pack or TEAS V Basic Pack to try full-length TEAS V practice tests that are similar to the actual ATI TEAS exam. Test your knowledge, spot your strengths and weaknesses, and learn more with our thorough explanations of each question.
Back to top
ATI, TEAS, and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with TestPrep-Online or this website.
"I found this website to be very helpful. The practice tests are almost identical to the real test; they have helped me a lot in studying."